The role of the Sr. Piping/Mechanical Designer is to function as a project design lead in developing mechanical and process drawings including models, isometrics, P&IDs, PFDs, B.O.M., and detailed construction drawings. The designer will ensure client and internal quality deliverables by collaborating with Tegre project managers, engineers, and discipline leads. The designer will maintain strong attention to detail and take a proactive approach in engaging with team members and clients to efficiently compose, design/draft, proof, and deliver drawing packages.
- Strong attention to detail in composing, drafting, proofing and distributing drawing packages in collaboration with project managers/engineers and discipline leads.
- Ability to work as project design lead in delivering high-quality mechanical and process piping and associated drawing deliverables including models, ISOs, P&IDs, PFDs, B.O.M., and construction details utilizing AutoCAD, CADWorx and/or Plant 3D.
- Support engineering, project management, and project documentation efforts.
- Utilize existing standards and specifications or develop new standards and specifications per company and client requirements.
- Understand material and equipment nomenclature, specifications, and symbols.
- Experienced with NavisWorx 3D.
- Experienced in walking down facilities and developing as-built drawings.
- Regularly interact with clients and internal personnel with tact, courtesy, and professionalism.
- Maintain high regard for personal safety and for the safety of company assets and employees.
- Participate in design walkthroughs, reviews, and progress meetings.
- 15 + years of direct industry work experience in design and 3D modeling.
- Advanced proficiency with AutoCad, CADWorx and/or Plant 3D.
- Knowledge with industry codes and standards.
- Occasional travel for site walk downs and client meetings.
- Clear a drug screen and background check.