Reporting to the Director of Projects, this person will have a strong Project Management background and the ability to assist in technical issues. This person is responsible for planning, executing and evaluating projects according to agreed timelines and budgets. Building and managing project teams and ensuring quality control throughout the project life-cycle are central to this position.
This position requires a working knowledge of engineering requirements for onshore pipeline facilities, including compressor stations, pump stations, meter stations and other pipeline facilities.
• Manage project development from initiation to completion
• Be accountable for project results to client
• Work with client and Director of Projects to effectively and efficiently complete a work breakdown structure to estimate effort required for each task therefore establishing scope, goals, deliverables, required resources, budget and timing
• Provide, maintain and be accountable for a project schedule
• Effectively manage project scope by ensuring any changes to scope are documented and approved with project change forms
• Determine if external contractors will be required to complete project plan and if so, manage with the appropriate subcontractor documentation and communication
• Lead, coach and motivate project team members on a proactive basis
• Continuously work with clients on expectations and opportunities to create efficiencies in work product, budget and additional project work.
• Mechanical Engineering degree preferred
• Experience with heavy industrial facilities is necessary (petrochemical facilities, refineries, power plants, natural gas compressor stations, etc.)
• 5-10 years’ recent and relative experience
• P&ID experience required
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel, Project and Outlook
• Willingness to travel locally, some national travel may also be required