The Project Manager/Engineer will primarily develop and execute Refinery project Scopes of Work by collaborating with clients, management, peers, discipline leads, and technical personnel. The Project Manager/Engineer will coordinate technical Engineering and Design tasks. In addition to Project Management, the Project Engineer may also support or be solely responsible for technical engineering tasks, as they align with individual competencies. This role requires strengthening existing and building new client relationships by demonstrating professionalism and initiative in meeting the needs of our clients. The Project Manager/Engineer may also engage in Midstream or Upstream projects depending on experience.
- Utilize Tegre standards and established PM principles in supporting the execution of awarded scopes of work.
- Coordinate with project teams and contract personnel as directed by the PM.
- Assist with tracking, reporting, and forecasting project progress, schedule, cost, and changes
- Work collaboratively throughout all offices with management, peers, discipline leads, and other technical support personnel to successfully execute projects
- Engage with, understand, and enforce client’s technical specs
- Help build Tegre’s Refinery specification library
- Participate and support business development activities including scoping, estimation, and proposal development
- Aspen Estimator Experience and/or ability to learn and leverage in project cost estimating is required
- Experience in Refinery project process and/or ability to learn and leverage in project execution is required
- Participate and support developing and maintaining client relationships
- Maintaining a working knowledge of current and proposed codes, standards, regulations, and recommended industry practices, as well as client standards
- Assisting with evaluating and managing sub-consultants and vendors
- Ensuring quality and consistency of deliverables
- Bachelor’s Degree in Chemical Engineering preferred. Other Eng. disciplines considered with relevant experience in refining and processing facilities.
- PE Registration or EIT with interest in licensing preferred.
- Minimum 5 years of related experience with project execution, management, and or
engineering oversight including process, piping/mechanical, civil/structural and EI&C
- Experience with downstream facilities, refining & processing of hydrocarbons.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Positive attitude, initiative, and integrity, with a desire for continual learning and development to meet new project challenges while contributing to a positive and collaborative work atmosphere
- 0-15% travel required depending on project mix