The primary responsibility for the Inventory Control Specialist is maintaining the Tegre Operations / InstrumentAir inventory, ordering and palletizing/assigning for manufacturing, while maintaining accurate records of all procurements. This position requires strong communication skills with a high attention to detail. We expect our team members to be constantly looking for improvements in quality, processes, production efficiency, cleanliness, and personal growth. This position is required to follow Tegre Operations safety guidelines to help assemble product that will meet or exceed Tegre Operations and customer specifications. To excel at this position, an Inventory Control Specialist must be accountable for themselves, including their performance, attitude, and their participation in our high performing team. The Inventory Control Specialist shall exemplify and foster Tegre Operations values of integrity, respect, and responsibility.
- Maintains consistent stock of inventory, ordering new stock up to pre-authorized limit as inventory dwindles
- Establishes and maintains backup sources for high-demand items
- Assesses inventory reports and order patterns to identify items in need of automatic, recurring delivery
- Provides inventory reports to InstrumentAir Manager and Sr. Product Specialist
- Develops and maintains good working relationships with vendors
- Maintains accurate daily records of goods received and shipments made
- Manages and maintains inventory system; facilitates upgrades to related database and/or software under the direction of the InstrumentAir Manager and Sr. Product Specialist
- Conducts frequent spot and partial audits of physical inventory
- Assists with periodic (at least annual) physical inventory audits
- Shipping and receiving – identify cost effective shipment modes
- Operates forklift truck when necessary (training/certification provided)
- General office administration – proposals/quotes creation, submittal, and tracking
- Performs other related duties as requested
- Excellent communication skills with manufacturing and outside vendors
- Basic understanding of inventory control procedures and ERP systems
- Proficient computer/keyboarding skills
- Extremely organized and able to work with minimum supervision
- Ability to develop professional relationships with outside vendors
- Ability to perform basic math calculations
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Experience with computerized inventory systems
- Physical Requirements:
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 40 pounds at times.
- Must be able to navigate warehouse and reach items both high and low.