Denver (preferred), Bismarck, Durango, Midland
The role of the IC&E Project Lead is to function as a project design lead in developing electrical, instrumentation and controls, and detailed construction drawings. This individual will ensure client and internal quality deliverables by collaborating with Tegre project managers, engineers, and discipline leads. The IC&E Lead will maintain strong attention to detail and take a proactive approach in engaging with team members and clients to efficiently compose, design/draft, proof, and deliver drawing packages.
- Work with multi-disciplinary project team in the following capacities:
- Develop automation and controls strategies to achieve equipment functionality objectives
- Implement solutions for process safety needs
- Carry out detailed design work while specifying and overseeing other design personnel on the project
- Create Cause and Effect and Controls Philosophy documentation
- Coordinate directly with project team and client with limited supervision
- Participate in design walkthroughs, reviews, and progress meetings.
- Strong attention to detail in composing, drafting, proofing and distributing drawing packages in collaboration with project managers/engineers and discipline leads
- Knowledge of PLC programing and HMI graphics for specifying functionality and overseeing implementation
- Create I/O lists, PLC card layout and wiring from existing drawings, sketches, verbal descriptions, physical wiring, instrument tag lists and P&ID’s
- Ability to work as a project design lead in delivering high-quality IC&E associated drawing deliverables.
- Support engineering, project management, and project documentation efforts
- Check drawings for accuracy, functionality and legality. Ensure that drawings meet ANSI, IEE and company standards
- Utilize existing standards and specifications or develop new standards and specifications per company and client requirements.
- Inspect and troubleshoot existing electrical installations
- Understand nomenclature, specifications, and symbols
Experienced in walking down facilities for data collection and developing as-built drawings
Other assignments or projects may be assigned by the Company president or Project Manager
Maintain high regard for personal safety and for the safety of company assets and employees.
- Controls, Electrical Engineer or Senior Level Designer
- Minimum 10 years of Controls experience
- Proficiency with MS Office applications, AutoCAD Electrical
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Self-starter with a growth mindset