The role of the Mid-Level EI&C Designer is to develop electrical, instrumentation and controls, and detailed construction drawings with minimal support from discipline design leads or manager. The designer will ensure client and internal quality deliverables by collaborating with Tegre project managers, engineers, and discipline leads. The designer will maintain strong attention to detail and take a proactive approach in engaging with team members and clients to efficiently compose, design/draft, proof, and deliver drawing packages.
- Strong attention to detail in composing, drafting, proofing and distributing drawing packages in collaboration with project managers/engineers, discipline leads, and discipline managers.
- Ability to work with a team in delivering high-quality EI&C associated drawing deliverables including:
- Complex plans and details
- I/O list
- Instrument index and location plans
- Conduit and cable plan, schedules, and layouts
- Cause and Effect diagrams
- Control Narrative
- One lines
- Panel and junction box layouts and details
- Area Classification plan and details
- MCC schematic drawings
- Grounding plan and details
- Heat trace details
- Work with peers, discipline leads and managers to successfully complete construction packages with high quality.
- Support engineering, project management, and project documentation efforts.
- Utilize existing standards and specifications or develop new standards and specifications per company and client requirements.
- Understand nomenclature, specifications, and symbols.
- Experienced in walking down facilities for data collection and developing as-built drawings.
- Regularly interact with clients and internal personnel with tact, courtesy, and professionalism.
- Maintain high regard for personal safety and for the safety of company assets and employees.
- 8 + years of direct industry work experience in EI&C design.
- Associates of Applied Science degree in dafting/design is a plus.
- Proficiency with AutoCAD, AutoCAD Electrical is a plus.
- Strong Microsoft Office skills, especially Excel.
- Knowledge with industry codes and standards.
- Occasional travel for site walk downs and client meetings.
- Clear a drug screen and background check.