Any office, preferably Bismarck
The role of the EI&C Specialist is to lead in developing electrical, instrumentation and controls, and detailed construction drawings. This individual will ensure client and internal quality deliverables by collaborating with Tegre project managers, engineers, and discipline leads. The EI&C Specialist will maintain strong attention to detail and take a proactive approach in engaging with team members and clients to efficiently compose, design/draft, proof, and deliver drawing packages.
- Work with multi-disciplinary project team in the following capacities:
- Develop automation and controls strategies to achieve equipment functionality objectives
- Develop total installed cost estimates for economic evaluation including hourly estimates for proposals and during execution updating progress and earned hours for progress reporting.
- Implement solutions for process safety needs.
- Assist in the development of P&IDs with respect to instrumentation, control and electrical equipment.
- Carry out detailed design work while specifying and overseeing other design personnel on the project
- Create Cause and Effect and Controls Philosophy documentation
- Establish and maintain good working relationships with customers, vendors, and internal team members.
- Coordinate directly with project team and client with limited supervision
- Participate in design walkthroughs, reviews, and progress meetings.
- Strong attention to detail in composing, drafting, checking, approving, and distributing drawing packages in collaboration with project managers/engineers and discipline leads.
- Knowledge of PLC programing and HMI graphics for specifying functionality and overseeing implementation.
- Create I/O lists, PLC card layout and wiring from existing drawings, sketches, verbal descriptions, physical wiring, instrument tag lists and P&ID’s
- Coordinate and oversee PLC and HMI software development.
- Ability to work as a Specialist in the area of expertise in delivering high-quality EI&C associated deliverables including:
- Project Design Basis
- Complex plans and details
- Instrument and I/O index es
- Conduit and cable tray plans, details and schedules
- Cause and Effect diagrams
- Control Narrative
- One line diagrams
- Cable sizing calculations
- Power distribution and utilization equipment specifications
- Control Panel and junction box layouts and details
- Wiring diagrams and Schematics
- Area Classification plan and details
- Grounding plan and details
- Lighting Plans and details
- Heat trace details
- Network Architecture Diagrams
- Instrument Specifications and installation details
- 3rd Party Contractor Specifications and Scope of Work
- Support engineering, project management, and project documentation efforts
- Check drawings for accuracy, functionality, and regulatory compliance. General knowledge of and ensure designs, drawings, and other documentation is in compliance with regulatory, client and company standards, and aligned with industry best practices (e.g. NFPA, API, IEEE, etc).
- Utilize existing standards and specifications or develop new standards and specifications per company and client requirements.
- Inspect and troubleshoot existing electrical and control system installations
- Understand nomenclature, specifications, and symbols
- Experienced in walking down facilities for data collection and developing as-built drawings.
- Experience supporting construction activities and leading ICE commissioning.
- Other assignments or projects may be assigned by the Company president or Project Manager
- Maintain high regard for personal safety and for the safety of company assets and employees.
- Senior Level I&C Designer/SME or Electrical Engineer with automation and industrial power experience.
- Minimum 10 years of Controls experience
- Electrical State License is a plus but not required.
- Proficiency in PLC/DCS/ROC programming and HMI graphics is a plus but not required.
- Proficiency with MS Office applications, AutoCAD Electrical
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills and can apply basic mathematical skills
- Positive attitude, initiative, and integrity, with a desire for continual learning and development to meet new project challenges while contributing to a positive and collaborative work atmosphere.
- 0-15% travel required depending on project mix.
- Seconded or construction support opportunities may require additional travel.